Contact & Visitor Info
408 Flinders Street, Townsville, Qld, 4810 (next to Mary Who? Bookshop, opposite Woolworths)
PO Box 2394, Townsville, Qld, 4810 Australia.
Regular Open Hours
Umbrella is open Tues-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat-Sun 9am-1pm. Umbrella is closed Mondays, public holidays and during exhibition install weeks. Follow our social media for updates.
- Free Townsville CBD street parking for 15mins (ticket to be displayed).
- Cheap CBD street parking for up to 2hrs (ticket to be displayed).
- Free parking (Dean St carpark) across the river via Stanley St and Lowths Bridge (except for stadium event days).
Occassionally Townsville City Council implements free parking for events or holiday periods. Check their web page for updates.
- Umbrella's gallery and shop are located on roughly street level with a doorway entrance and one low step up into the space. Visitors with alternative accessibility needs may enter via the side entrance door and ramp a couple metres to the left of the front doors.
- Occasionally Umbrella holds exhibitions in the downstairs Vault space, which is an old concrete vault with a step up to the entry doorway. The Studio is also located downstairs. Both downstairs spaces can be accessed via one staircase at the rear of the gallery or via a rear door on Ogden St if booked with Umbrella staff. Please call 07 4772 7109 or contact us via the below form prior to your visit if you would like to discuss your options and arrange a time to enter via the rear door. Unfortunately the Vault space is not accessible to those who require wheelchairs. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
- While Umbrella is closed to the public on Mondays and during exhibition install weeks, staff can accept deliveries on these days.
- Please phone 07 4772 7109 and a staff member will accept your delivery.
- A commercial loading zone is available for deliveries nearby on Stanley St.
COVID Safe Visits
Umbrella asks that visitors adhere to social distancing, visitor logs, and other COVID Safe directives and procedures as directed.
Tues - Fri: 9am-5pm
Sat - Sun: 9am-1pm
Gallery closed Mondays, public holidays and during exhibition install weeks.
Follow our social media for updates.
408 Flinders Street,
Qld, 4810 Australia
PO Box 2394,
Qld, 4810 Australia
Send us a message here
Subscribe to Enews
Acknowledgement of Country
Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts respectfully acknowledges the Wulgurukaba of Gurambilbarra and Yunbenun and the surrounding groups of our region; Bindal, Gugu Badhan, Nywaigi, Warrgamay, Bandjin and Gudjal as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we gather, share and celebrate local creative practice. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the first people of Australia. They have never ceded sovereignty and remain strong in their enduring connection to land and Culture.
Umbrella is a Dealer Member of the Indigenous Art Code. This means we are committed to fair and ethical trade with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, and transparency in the promotion and sale of artwork. As a Dealer Member and signatory to the Code we must act fairly, honestly, professionally and in good conscience in all direct or indirect dealings with artists.
Umbrella is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, part of the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy, and by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments. | Umbrella is supported by the Tim Fairfax Family Foundation and receives funds through the Australian Cultural Fund. | Townsville City Council is a funding partner of Umbrella's program.