'Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
- Omar Khayyam'
Pause and become aware of your natural surroundings in Rhonda Stevens' pop up where she will present her exhibition, Conversations, on her back deck. The artist invites visitors to celebrate life and experience the moment at her studio Atelier Trois, whilst reflecting on her contemporary print and sculptural works which engage with this concept and natural materials.
Stevens' exhibition is further reflected through her workshops which engage participants to look beneath their feet to create work with found objects and appreciate their everyday beauty.
About the Artist
Rhonda Stevens is a contemporary artist living on Yunbenun / Magnetic Island. She is a prolific and experienced artist and printmaker who holds a Bachelor of Fine Art from the Victorian College of Arts (VCA), Melbourne. Stevens enjoys engaging with people to promote the wonders of the arts.
Monotype Printmaking Workshop - Rhonda Stevens
$75 per person | 2.5hrs | 3 participants maximum | 18+
10am-12.30pm Saturday 31 July 2021
10am-12.30pm Sunday 1 August 2021
10am-12.30pm Tuesday 3 August 2021
10am-12.30pm Saturday 7 August 2021
Gather natural materials from the Yunbenun / Magnetic Island environment for this printmaking workshop, featuring professional guidance and assistance from artist Rhonda Stevens and her assistant Marlies. Stevens will introduce participants to the process of monotype printmaking through discussion and a demonstration, then encourage participants to create their own prints. Using found and modified environmental stencils, the participants will learn to ink and print, and discover the different tonal affects achieved with different surfaces.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own found objects for inspiration, their own aprons or old clothes, enthusiasm and a smile. All other materials and equipment will be provided. Flat natural pieces may also be used as stencils in the workshop.
Free Program Details
Conversations Exhibition - Rhonda Stevens
FREE | Drop-ins | 20 visitors maximum
10am-3pm Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August 2021
11am-3pm Tuesday 3 to Friday 6 August 2021
10am-3pm Saturday 7 August and Sunday 8 August 2021
Visit Rhonda Stevens' art studio Atelier Trois to to view her contemporary print and sculptural works for sale on the back deck, which will be spiced with casual artist talks discussing processes and inspirations that inform her work. Coffee and tea-making facilities will be available for visitors to use.
Collagraph Demonstration - Rhonda Stevens
FREE | 2hrs | 5 visitors maximum
11am-1pm Thursday 5 August 2021
Witness artist and printmaker Rhonda Stevens' processes first-hand at her art studio Atelier Trois. The artist will lead an informal conversation about printmaking and demonstrate her processes of mark-making and creating collagraph prints. Visitors will also be able to see the results of the processes on display in the pop up exhibition.
Atelier Trois @ 77 Picnic St Picnic Bay.
This venue’s conditions include:
- This is a private home studio; we ask to respect the artist’s property and belongings when visiting.
- To enter the venue there is an intercom bell at the gateway.
- Wheelchair accessibility to studio and workshop area except for the back deck exhibition space (steps to access).
- Nearby accessible parking
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations)
- Nearby street drop-off points
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program
- Public toilet facilities located at entrance of the Picnic Bay Jetty.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided
$75 / 3 adults per class.