'Enchanting cinematic audiences under the stars.'
Experience a night of nostalgia at Tors Drive-In, one of the few drive-in cinemas in the world to regularly show movies on 16mm and 35mm film. Tors Drive-In will present a western themed Double Feature of The Quick and the Dead followed by Red Hill, playfully referenced to Charters Towers history.
Please feel free to request a tour behind the scenes in the projection rooms, where you can see how a small film strip is transformed to a huge moving screen image!
About Tors Drive-In
The Tors Drive-In has been enchanting audiences since 1966 with their immersive big screen movies under a beautiful, twinkling ceiling of stars in a relaxed, country atmosphere. As a living, working cinema museum, Tors Drive-In are also one of the few cinemas operating today that continues to screen classics on “reel” film. Two of their projectors are over 90 years old and still put a clear picture on the screen.
Film Screening Details
Double Feature Film Screening - Tors Drive-In
$7.50 per person | 4hrs | 80 bookings maximum | Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult to gain entry to (MA) movies
7-11pm Friday 6 August 2021
Tors Drive-In will present a western themed Double Feature exclusive to PUNQ, playfully referenced to Charters Towers history. The Quick and the Dead (M) followed by Red Hill (MA) will be screened using their old school projectors with "reel" film. Watch the trailers: The Quick and the Dead and Red Hill.
Tors Drive-In, 120 New Queen Road, Charters Towers
A short, pleasant country drive from Townsville (136km) for those wanting a week-end escape from the city.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Speed limit requirements of 5km/hour whilst on premises.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Walk-ins, bicycles and motorbikes are welcome to any screening, Tors has seating available in the fields for you to enjoy the film.
- Nearby street drop-off points, if you plan to walk-in.
- Has an accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Has signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Venue is close to accessible private bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles.
- Tors still screens in rainy weather, unless unsafe to do so.
- Tors has a strategically designed stone road for clear entry and exit from the fields.
- Please use the bin facilities to dispose of your rubbish.
- Enjoy the food options available at the site's café.