'Connect the threads ~ examine the wealth of knowledge and technique.'
Venture into the TYTO Regional Gallery and explore the fibre and textile art group's exhibition. The Threads group present a pop up display of their refined craft and artisanal work. Keep an eye out for their main exhibition to be held at TYTO in September 2021.
About the Artist
The fibre and textile art group Threads has presented exhibitions at Mission Beach Community Arts Centre for five consecutive years. The group is represented by artist Sally Maroney, but also features weavers, embroiderers, knitters, printers, dyers, basket-makers and re-cyclers.
TYTO Regional Gallery, 73/75 Mcilwraith St, Ingham QLD 4850.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Venue is close to accessible private bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- There are nearby animal rest facilities.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Mon-Fri 9:30 - 5pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 12pm