'Join the artist's table ~ for stillness drinkers, slow moment seekers and morning ritual keepers.'
Slow down and appreciate handmade works by ceramicists Fiona Banner and daughter, Suzanne Pilcher, from their pottery brand, Next of Kin Handmade. High-quality stoneware tableware will populate the Pop-Up Pottery space, enticing viewers to enjoy the moment. Aesthetic functional ware will cater to coffee and tea drinkers alike.
About the Artist
Fiona Banner has lived in Townsville for nearly half of her life, having previously completed university studies in the United Kingdom. The climate and environment have kept her in the tropics, enabling her to work with with clay outdoors. Fiona loves ceramics and the ever-present challenges that the art form presents.
Pottery Workshop - Fiona Banner
$60 per person | 2hrs | 4 participants | 16+
9-11am Saturday 31 July 2021
2-4pm Sunday 1 August 2021
Craft your own handmade pots and vases in this boutique slab-building ceramics workshop. Experienced ceramicist Fiona Banner will guide participants through a range of hand-building techniques to make vessels that can be decorated with textures or animal accoutrements. The pots can be left to dry and will be bisque fired (unglazed) for the participants to collect at a later date. Participants should bring their own hand towels and water bottles and are encouraged to bring their own aprons or wear old clothes. All other materials including the clay, equipment and firing will be provided.
Beginner Mosaic Workshop - Fiona Banner
$50 per person | 2hrs | 6 participants | 16+
9-11am Saturday 7 August 2021
2-4pm Sunday 8 August 2021
Explore the art of mosaic in this fun workshop. Participants will be guided by experienced ceramicist and mosaic artist Fiona Banner to create a small mosaic work on a timber base. Participants should bring their own hand towels and water bottles and are encouraged to bring their own aprons or wear old clothes. All other materials and tools will be provided.
336 Flinders St, Townsville CBD, QLD 4810
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Accessible third-party scooter options throughout CBD city centre (for travel).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Venue is close to accessible public bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles (in Flinders Square).
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- There are nearby animal rest facilities (in Flinders Square).
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Mon-Wed 11am - 5pm
Thurs 12 - 5pm
Fri 11am - 7pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Sun 9am - 5pm