'A painterly look at life, trees and emotions on Magnetic Island.
Explore island life from the unique perspectives of two Yunbenun / Magnetic Island artists. Island Life is a group exhibition which presents new and retrospective bodies of work by Susan Swaddling and Sylvia Hayes. Both artists take inspiration from (and reflect on) their local environment. Reflect on the iconic trees of Magnetic Island in Susan Swaddling's exhibition, Trees and the spaces in-between. And revel in the landscapes of Magnetic Island through the paintings of Sylvia Hayes in her exhibition, Scapes.
About the Artist
Susan (Sue) Swaddling has a long association with Magnetic Island and now resides there permanently. Her background in horticulture includes botanic illustration and she now paints regularly “en-plein-aire” with the Magnetic Island Artists (MIA) group.
Sylvia Hayes is an artist living on Magnetic Island. Her work reflects her love for drawing and painting, and her particular interests in the traditions of still life, landscape and portraiture.
The Jungle Club, 41 Sooning St, Nelly Bay.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Mon-Thurs 11am - 5pm
Fri 11am - 7pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Sun 9am - 5pm