'Bask in the luminescence ~ find hidden surprises.'
Delve into a fantastical world of the Glow Land pop up as it comes alive at twilight 6pm-8pm Saturday 31 July - Sunday 8 August 2021. Keep your eyes and ears open amidst the magical moving imagery, lightwaves, curious sounds and recycled sculptures, and you just might discover some hidden delights. The Glow Land garden will also evolve over time, blurring the lines between inside and outside.
About the Artist
Karen Williams and Kit Colvin are multi-disciplinary artists. Together, they create magical, immersive spaces that surprise and delight (and occasionally unnerve).
Glow and Sip Workshop - Kit Colvin & Karen Williams
$20 | 2hrs | 8 participants | 18+
6-8pm Saturday 31 July 2021
Prepare to glow up with your own glow-in-the-dark mask to wear or display. Join artists Kit Colvin and Karen Williams at the Jungle Club for this fun, hands-on workshop. Participants will use recycled materials to craft their fantastical creations. BYO drinks and enjoy the shifting light. Glasses and nibblies provided.
Glow and Groove Workshop - Kit Colvin & Karen Williams
$15 | 2hrs | 8 participants | 18+
6-8pm Sunday 1 August 2021
Prepare to glow up with your own glow-in-the-dark mask to wear or display. Join artists Kit Colvin and Karen Williams at the Jungle Club for this fun, hands-on workshop. Participants will use recycled materials to craft their fantastical creations. Enjoy the shifting light and see your creation come to life.
Let’s Glow! Dress-Up & Parade - Kit Colvin & Karen Williams
FREE | 3.5hrs | 5+ years with adult supervision
4:30-6pm dress up, 6-7pm parade Saturday 7 August 2021
Step into Glow Land for this family-friendly community event! Make fun wearable art with these vibrant artists as they help participants glow-up recycled materials, then parade along the beach to the old heli pad.
The Jungle Club, 41 Sooning St, Nelly Bay.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Gold coin, $15, $20. Capacity: 15 - 20 people
Mon-Thurs 11am - 8pm
Fri 11am - 8pm
Sat 9am - 8pm
Sun 1 August 9am - 8pm
Sun 8 August 9am - 3pm