'Grab your crayons, re-live the nostalgia and help defeat the evil forces of Skeletor!'
Enter a world that celebrates the 80’s cartoon He-Man by participating in Michael Pope's interactive exhibition at Murky Waters Studio. By the Power of Grayskull features a series of large-format black and white drawings of Masters of the Universe toys that visitors are invited to colour in.
Revel in the preachy Reagan-era goodness, the nostalgia of childhood toys and the stylised drawings (complete with bulging biceps and hairy loin cloths)! *squeal!
About the Artist
Michael Pope is a multidisciplinary artist and teacher based in North Queensland. His work generally focuses on documenting place and experience through a drawing practice. Pope is the co-founder of Urban Sketchers Townsville and a member of Murky Waters Studio.
Murky Waters Studio, 126 Hanran St, Townsville CBD.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Accessible third-party scooter options throughout CBD city centre (for travel).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Assisted wheelchair accessibility. Please note there is one step up at the entrance of the gallery space.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Private toilet facilities available at the venue.
- Venue is also close to accessible public bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles (in Flinders Square).
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- There are nearby animal rest facilities (in Flinders Square).
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Things To Note
Saturday 1pm - 5pm
Sunday 9am – 12pm (during PUNQ)