'Ignite your curiosities, delight your eyes and feed your imagination ~ journey beyond the jungle into fantastical worlds.'
Follow a path through the magical garden and step through the threshold to the realm of all things strange and lovely. Beyond the Jungle flourishes with fantastical organic forms and artworks created from recycled materials. Artists have responded to the theme of 'fantastical worlds', taking inspiration from the valuable biodiversity of the local North Queensland environment.
About the Artist
Beyond the Jungle is a collection of artists who call Yunbenun / Magnetic Island home: Karen Williams, Anne Cole, Kit Colvin, Georgie Dunn, Shelley Mackiewicz, Jude Micic, Sasha Stafford and Katya Venter. Many of the artists have worked or exhibited together previously but this will be their first pop up together. Each of the artists find consistent inspiration in their island home.
Tinker Stop Workshop - Karen Williams
FREE | Drop-ins | 15 visitors maximum | 0-17yrs with adult supervision and 18+
Daily Saturday 31 July - Sunday 8 August 2021
Experiment and get creative with a fun collection of recycled materials at The Jungle Club in this ongoing, self-guided activity. Tinker, cut, stick, draw, construct, inspired by the works on display. Take your creation home or display it in the visitors’ gallery space.
Lantern Making Workshop - Karen Williams
$10 per person | 1hr | 15 participants | 10-17yrs with adult supervision and 18+
11am-12pm Saturday 31 July and Saturday 7 August 2021
Prepare for the twilight lantern parade and make a paper lantern in this workshop with Beyond the Jungle's Karen Williams. Participants will make a lantern and decorate it in their own style.
Create a Magical Micro World Kids Activity - Karen Williams
$10 per person | 1hr | 15 participants | 5+ years with adult supervision
11am-12pm Sunday 1 August 2021
Combine the concepts of art and biodiversity in this creative and inspiring activity. Participants of all ages will be delighted by crafting their own diverse, tiny world by tinkering with found, recycled and natural materials. Participants will plant real seeds and in just a few days they will grow amidst their micro world art diorama.
The Jungle Club, 41 Sooning St, Nelly Bay.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Mon-Thurs 11am - 5pm
Fri 11am - 7pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Sun 1 August 9am - 5pm
Sun 8 August 9am - 3pm