'Soak in nature ~ witness the beauty of North Queensland.'
Speak with artists Lynn Scott-Cumming and Graeme Buckley in Arts Townsville's pop up exhibition, workshop space and haven for creativity. Explore the duo's prints, drawings and paintings, which typically respond to 'place' and North Queensland. Visitors are invited to view their work, sit, discuss, create and play with the art materials provided.
About the Artist
Lynn Scott-Cumming and Graeme Buckley work under the collective monniker of Arts Townsville. Scott-Cumming's prints and drawings are based on views of the mountains on Townsville’s flanks and the mangroves seen from above. Buckley’s paintings feature the water insects and bugs found in local waterways.
Writing About Place Workshop - Lynn Scott-Cumming
$50 per person | 2hrs | 8 participants | 18+
2-4pm Sunday 1 August 2021
Discover how words can reveal hidden insights into 'place' when you pick up a pen in this writing workshop. Beginners will be guided by Arts Townsville's Lynn Scott-Cumming to write through the eyes of a character and demonstrate meaning and establish details.
Hear About Here Reading - Local Writers
FREE | 1hr | 8 visitors maximum | 18+
10:30am-12:30pm Sunday 8 August 2021
Find inspiration in the North Queensland environment and the written word as you delve into this reading session with Arts Townsville. Audiences will be read Townsville-centric poems and prose by local writers.
Draw the Little Stuff Workshop - Lynn Scott-Cumming
$75 per person | 3hrs | 8 participants | 18+
12:30pm-2:30pm Sunday 8 August 2021
Learn to draw still life objects from the environment in this observational workshop with Arts Townsville's Lynn Scott-Cumming. The artist will guide participants to capture images to draw from, and facilitate discussions about the minutiae in nature. Basic drawing materials will be provided however participants are welcome to bring their own drawing tools and cameras or smart-phones.
Chat, Play, Write Workshop - Lynn Scott-Cumming & Graeme Buckley
FREE | Drop-in | 8 visitors maximum | 18+
Speak with Arts Townsville's Lynn Scott-Cumming and Graeme Buckley as you view their work, sit, discuss, create and play with the art materials provided. Coffee, tea and biscuits will be available for a gold coin donation.
390 Flinders St, Townsville CBD, QLD 4810
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Accessible third-party scooter options throughout CBD city centre (for travel).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Assisted wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Venue is close to accessible public bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles (in Flinders Square).
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- There are nearby animal rest facilities (in Flinders Square).
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.
Mon-Thurs 11am - 5pm
Fri 11am - 7pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Sun 9am - 5pm