'Artists and makers breathe new life into old objects.'
Travel back in time as you explore artworks and wares by the diverse artists and artisans featured in 2nd to New. A range of work is on display including upcycled and reimagined antiques, furniture, art objects, paintings, cigar boxes, guitars, and owner Nicole Scutter's patented frypan-painted clocks. Associated merchandise and printed pieces can also be viewed and purchased.
About the Artist
The 2nd to New shop opened in Gudjal Country / Charters Towers in late 2020 / early 2021. The owner Nicole Scutter refurbishes furniture and some antiques dating to the early 1900s. 2nd to New now also features artworks and wares by over 30 local artists and artisans. 2nd to New is wheelchair accessible.
Charters Towers CBD Pop Up.
This venue’s conditions include:
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Nearby accessible public transport (bus stations).
- Nearby street drop-off points.
- Assisted wheelchair accessibility.
- An accessible entrance (both ramp and stairs) and no obstructions to the path upon entering.
- Signage indicating it is a PUNQ program.
- Venue is close to accessible public bathroom facilities that offer wider doors, adequate floor space to move around in the bathroom, and fixtures designed for comfort including hand railings and low-effort tap handles.
- Quiet spaces available for participants, this location will have ambient or no music playing.
- There are nearby animal rest facilities.
- Venues have been strategically designed for clear pathways throughout with a focus on minimising clutter.
- If participating in workshops, interactions, or artist talks at a pop up there will be an array of seating options provided.